Lyon County Water District is seeking applications for a Superintendent. The Superintendent is responsible for the entire operation of the Water District. Under minimal direction and supervision, the Superintendent leads the operations of the rural water utility to provide the approximately 2600 with safe and reliable water supply: provides professional and technical assistance to the Board of Commissioners and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Successful candidate must possess a Kentucky Class 2 Drinking Water Distribution Operator Certificate and a Class 2 Waste Water Operator Certificate or be able to obtain this certificate within two years.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience relating to the construction, repair and maintenance of water distribution systems including the operation of related maintenance equipment.
This position is responsible for directing, administering and coordinating all operational, engineering, maintenance, construction, and financial activities of the District’s operation within the scope delegated by the Board. This includes significant field and administrative responsibilities, responding to emergency situations at all hours, managing personnel relations, community involvement, and public relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, schedules and implements maintenance and operation of activities designed to provide high quality potable water in sufficient quantity that meets all Local, State and Federal requirements.
- Trains, supervises and participates in performing the duties of maintenance, construction, repair and operation of water facilities.
- Sampling, operation of distribution system.
- Inspects and supervises the operation, maintenance and repair of pumping stations, meters and related systems at frequent intervals to ensure that all aspects of the systems are function properly.
- Requisitions needed supplies for the District and maintains a variety of records relating to personnel, equipment, supplies and reports.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of equipment and tools by supervising and participating in cleaning and checking equipment and tools after use.
- Responsible for motivating and evaluating personnel.
- Analyzes annual operating costs and makes recommendations for District budget.
- Provides recommendations regarding equipment purchases and requisitions all supplies and materials needed for effective District operation.
- Participates in short and long-term planning of capital improvement projects.
- Monitors rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to the operation of water utility systems.
- Subject to call in case of emergencies or other instances.
- Through knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in public water supply and distribution systems.
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate employees; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with regulators, vendors, consultants, employees and the public.
Lyon County Water District is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer
Resumes and job application forms must be submitted to Lyon County Water District no later than June 5, 2020 to be considered for the job. Applications and Resumes may be mailed to PO Box 489, Kuttawa, KY 42055